Future Classics Car Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June Empty
PostSubject: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June EmptyMay 8th 2013, 5:59 pm

Well the next show on the events list is the combined Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show.

I have us a club stand booked for this with 10 spaces, although I guess I could increase number if needed. There is no charge to exhibit at this event, although they will be collection donations on the day for their chosen charities - East Anglian Air Ambulance - East Anglians Childrens Hospices & St Nicholas Hospice Care, all very worthy causes.

The event is being held at Nowton Park, Nowton Road, Bury St Edmunds. IP29 5LU.

Initially need to get an idea of numbers please, so if you coming along please let me know on here or by email.

Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June CotG_zps6054edbb
Back to top Go down
http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
pk 500

pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June EmptyMay 9th 2013, 7:25 pm

me at least 1 car maybe 2 depending on mrs king
affraid
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June EmptyMay 20th 2013, 1:57 pm

Slowly getting entries in for this one. Still time to join us.

Attendee's so far :

Myself..............Corvette C5
Paul & Sue.......TVR (maybe 2 cars)
Peter................C10 Pick up or Corvette C5
Andrew H.........TVR Tuscan
Toffer...............TVR Griffith 500
Colin.................TVR Tamora
Jim & Kat.........Ginetta (provisional)

Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June EmptyMay 23rd 2013, 11:43 am

I feel I need to make you all aware of the following email conversation I have just had with the organisers of this show.

I had noticed on the confirmation received back that 'all vehicles should be in postion before 9.00am'. This makes for a 7.30am latest start for me on a Sunday morning which I am not happy to do just to show my car, so I emailed them to check if it would be an issue arriving at or just after 9.30am. This is the response I received :

Hi Ian

We do strongly recommend that you are on site by 9am as we are not allowed lots of vehicle movement whilst the show is open. If anyone was to arrive late I would not turn you away however you would need to be marshalled in by a steward.

Regards

Dan Pearson

Now whilst he isn't saying I can't do it, he appears to be less than happy with this. I am not prepared to get up at 'stupid-o-clock' on a Sunday because of some H & S bollocks laid down by possibly their event insurers, so I thought it's only fair to ask those booked to attend how they feel about this.

I have no idea what time this event opens to the public but I can't imagine it's before 10am like most other shows we attend. This whole 'must be in by' attitude makes these events a real chore for those of us attending, and usually for no good reason. The usual cut off time of 10am I can live with, but 9.00am on a Sunday is just ridiculous. I attend many American and hotrod shows during the year where you can freely arrive at what time you wish, and vehicle movements happen all day. Nobody dies !

Please let me know if you wish to still attend asap.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June EmptyMay 24th 2013, 4:27 pm

UPDATE

One of our members (thank you Andrew), has phoned and spoken with one of the organisers regarding the early entry time.

He has been told that whilst they would prefer everyone in by 9am, they realise that this may not be possible for all so a slightly later arrival will not see you turned away or in the public car park.

I therefore will be pressing ahead with the club stand for this event. I would suggest that on this occasion it would be better for everyone to make their own way to the show site (Nowton Park), with the early arrivals claiming the club stand already booked for us. As other arrive they can then make up the numbers.

Sorry for any confusion caused.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June EmptyJune 6th 2013, 1:53 pm

Reminder

Just a quick reminder that we are not meeting up to go in together for this show. Please make your own way to Nowton Park (IP29 5LU) and tell them you are with Future Classics Car Club. You need to be on site as near 9.00am as possible please.

Those first there please save enough room for at least 10 cars.

I am away on hols from tomorrow til Fri 14th, but will pick up any messages on my mobile.
Back to top Go down
NASCAR

NASCAR

PostSubject: Re: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June EmptyJune 18th 2013, 4:29 pm

Good day Ian thanks for arranging it all.

The 88 and 9 rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June   Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June Empty

Back to top Go down

Cars on the Green / Bury Motor Show - Sunday 16th June
Page 1 of 1