Future Classics Car Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July

Go down 
+2
NASCAR
Ian V
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July Empty
PostSubject: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyMay 24th 2010, 7:52 am

Info from Jim regarding an event he is organising at RAF Honington.

bigtalljim wrote:
Honington are hosting another familes day on 29th July 2010.
Its a thursday unlike other years and will run from 12 - 4pm.
It is for the families of serving members to have a chance to have a bit of fun and take a break from the pressures of having loved ones serving in warmer climes.

I have organised the car show part of this event for the lsat 3 years now and its always a well liked part of the show.

The usual dispalys of military vehicles will be on plus loads of other stall and interesting shows including Apache and Air Rescue helicopter shows

So if you can get time off work for the afternoon and fancy showing then please let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyMay 24th 2010, 7:54 am

Jim, I will try and attend this year. Will confirm nearer the time.
Back to top Go down
NASCAR

NASCAR

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyMay 24th 2010, 12:04 pm

Count me in for this please Jim.

The 88 and 47 rule.
Back to top Go down
bigtalljim

bigtalljim

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyMay 24th 2010, 1:30 pm

Very Happy
Thanks Ian for moving this across, will let you know of meeting up details nearer the day. Got 3 or 4 1960's drag racers too!
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyJuly 21st 2010, 12:36 pm

For those of you who don't get onto PH, this event now has use of the runway after the show has finished. RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July Ban-woohoo

As posted on PH.

bigtalljim wrote:

Hot news just in!!!

The runway blast is a go!

I will brief you all on the day but basically anybody who wants a blat, when the show finishes at 1600hrs we can make our way to the runway, get sorted and then take off.

Just make sure you bring your insurance documents along and helmet if you have one. (or borrow one)

I know that this is a weekday (Thursday) so many will not be able to make it, but for those of us working for ourselves it's got to be a better option than working ! I believe the runway is a bit over 1.5 miles long so should see some serious speeds !

RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July Skidmarks RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July Yay3

As far as the main event goes, this is what is planned so far :

bigtalljim wrote:

Apache helicopter display (static and flying)
Air Sea rescue helicopter display (static and flying)
Suffolk Air ambulance (static and flying if called out)
Various armed Military vehicles
Parachute dispay by Red Devils or II Squadron RAF Regt
Beer and Burger tents at cheap prices!
Birds of prey
Charity stalls selling cakes, books etc
Display areana with various shows
Fire, Police and Ambulance displays
Glider and flying Club displays
Raffles with chance to win track Day at Lotus and Flying lessons
These and more being planned at the moment

Either myself or Jim will let you know meet up details during next week.
Back to top Go down
5mudge

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyJuly 22nd 2010, 7:40 pm

Sounds excellent! Just a real shame I can't get the time off work Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyJuly 27th 2010, 2:48 pm

Latest from Jim regarding meeting times.

bigtalljim wrote:
Ok boys and girls, see you all at either Tescos Bury St Edmunds car park, I suggest the bit near to the round about as its out of the way.
11am for 11.30am set off.

If you want to meet at event then be there 12noon ish. The post code is IP31 1EE for the camp. Playing fields are to the east of the camp, or right as you look at the main gate.

Mobile is 07929 921779 if you need help.

See you there guys.

Jim
Back to top Go down
pk 500

pk 500

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyJuly 27th 2010, 10:03 pm

Laughing Cars fixed now I`ll be there
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyJuly 30th 2010, 8:34 am

Well, what a great day out. Many thanks to Jim for organising our attendance, and to everyone on the base for their warm welcome. Had some great cars on our join FCCC and PH display which got a lot of attention during the day.

Highlight for me was the runway blasts at the end of the day ! The noise from Phil's Ford GT and the Lambo was just awesome. The Vette finally got to stretch it's legs as well. Had a couple of runs before heading for home, the first netted a 155mph whilst the second, leaving the braking a little later, bagged a 160mph. Well happy with those figures. The Vette felt very secure and stable even at these speeds.

If anyone has any photos or video of the day would be good to see it.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyJuly 30th 2010, 9:19 am

Ian V wrote:

The Vette finally got to stretch it's legs as well. Had a couple of runs before heading for home, the first netted a 155mph whilst the second, leaving the braking a little later, bagged a 160mph. Well happy with those figures. The Vette felt very secure and stable even at these speeds.

You Hooligan affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July EmptyJuly 30th 2010, 10:12 am

Sorry Nigel, but it had to be done !! lol!

Here's the video that Mike took of the start of one of my runs.

RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July Th_PICT0020

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July   RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July Empty

Back to top Go down

RAF Honington Families Day Thursday 29th July
Page 1 of 1