Future Classics Car Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis

Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 1:28 pm

6 TVR`s excluding Phil?
Your Cerb, 2 x Wedges ( well, one is automatic affraid not sure that counts as a TVR, you will be fitting a tow bar next Shocked !!), the Ugly car and Colins Tamora. That makes 5 in my book, or have you brought another one lol!

Anyway, would have liked to be there, but Mrs Nigel put her foot down with a firm hand pig and we are off to Devon sunny
Back to top Go down
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 2:40 pm

Hi Nigel

As you are showing an interest in what TVR's are going

Andy & Rose.

Taimar (Ugly car)
280i (Auto)
350i (No 1)
350i (Series 2)
Cerbera 4.5

Colin.

Tamora

That I think makes six, off my cars the Taimar is at present the unknow runner!

O! and of course if Phil "Mr Clutch" makes it with is Griff that's seven! and there may be more?

Have a good time down in Devon and hope to see you and Sue at Snertterton Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Icon_bounce

Andy
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 4:32 pm

Nige - I'm sure Devon will be excellent. Going to try and get there (or North Cornwall) myself this year.

Andy - will pop over tomorrow then.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 7:15 pm

Well if the weather does THIS Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Aghast I will more than likely be giving it a miss !

Why must it always do it on a show day ??

Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Rainonme
Back to top Go down
http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 7:23 pm

Ian V wrote:
Well if the weather does THIS Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Aghast I will more than likely be giving it a miss !

Why must it always do it on a show day ??

Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Rainonme

The excuses get better, first the misses putting her foot down so off to Devon, then a slipping clutch, now the above, what's next, Colin not coming as it's going to snow!

Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Lol

Andy
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 9:19 pm

Have heard bits and pieces about the weather turning a bit over the weekend - and my new motor hasn't been waxoyled yet. Rolling Eyes It does seem more often than not to be poor weather when there's a show on and they're not a great deal of fun under those conditions.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 9:29 pm

Just checked the BBC weather website and Met Office site, and both say dry with sunny intervals.
Anyway, it will be dry under Andy`s bbq umbrella if the droplets start to fall from the sky lol!

edited to say that if droplets start falling out of the devon sky, it will be straight into the pub for cover Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 28th 2010, 9:51 pm

Nigel Lewis wrote:

edited to say that if droplets start falling out of the devon sky, it will be straight into the pub for cover Laughing

Ah yes a good move. You might be able to find a pint of Tribute Nige. One of my faves. drunken

http://www.tributeale.co.uk/

mmm.
Back to top Go down
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 29th 2010, 9:40 pm

Hi

Good news (For me) got the taimar running today so there will be at least 5 cars attending Rushden!

So if Colin comes and gets his ticket and the weather not stormy Ian comes, we will have 7 cars.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 29th 2010, 10:39 pm

Hi Andy - great news you got the Taimar going. I was going to come around today but caught up with stuff and then it rained. Weather not looking too good for Sunday though is it. Rolling Eyes Monday better. What's the situation. Are you just booked in solo at the moment ? Are we ok to play it by ear ? though I realise I'd still need to get a pass of you.
Back to top Go down
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 30th 2010, 12:18 am

Colin

The entry pass/ticket covers all three day's! So which ever day you come is up to you!

I will be there for all three!

If you like I can drop the pass through your door (Which num are you)

If you don't use the pass due to weather don't worry about it! Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Icon_sunny

Andy.
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 30th 2010, 5:24 pm

Ok Andy thanks. That's jolly kind of you. It's no 12 - pop in for a brew if you have time. Just a damn shame about the weather but Monday looks perhaps a little better. I think you were driving behind me this afternoon with a Jeep and a trailer - can't think who else it would be Smile .. I turned in to the dreaded Tescos.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 30th 2010, 6:54 pm

Looks like Monday is going to be the slightly better day, and I mean slightly !!! Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Banghead

I'll confirm with you sometime tommorrow Colin (if I decide to even risk it). No fun sitting in a gazebo looking at the rain all day.

SUNDAY affraid quick hide Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Hide3

MONDAY affraid still hiding from the bl**dy rain ! Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Hide
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyApril 30th 2010, 8:36 pm

Hi Ian. No it's not really. We did it at Kimbolton but it wasn't what I'd describe as a good day out particularly. I'm looking forward to Snetterton though. Hope it is reasonable for Andys sake tomorrow. I'm sure there will be some good days\meets over the Summer.
Back to top Go down
The Stig

The Stig

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 1st 2010, 5:52 pm

Ian, Colin are you going on Sunday!! I might risk it if its not raining in the morning somebody got to keep Andy company!! jocolor
Having the clutch replaced On Tuesday, but this event not to far away if I take it easy !! afro
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 1st 2010, 6:28 pm

Right, decision made !! Me and 'her indoors' are going to risk it tommorrow. Looks like it may be a damp journey over, but getting better as the day continues (famous last words).

Any news from the front on conditions Andy ? Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Phone
Back to top Go down
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 1st 2010, 7:30 pm

Hi Ian, and who was the stranger O! Phil the Clutch Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Lol

Weather to day was great a lot off sun Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Icon_sunny with clouds but no Rain any way the gazibo is up and the real ale tent is in the same field as us!

If you come once you are in the car field we are at the far end from the car entry! The TVR flags are flying!

I saw Colin tonight and he may come tomorrow or more likely on Monday! Which would be good as it spreads the word over the days!

Andy.
Hope to see any body on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
The Stig

The Stig

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 7:50 am

Andy H wrote:
Hope to see any body on Sunday!

Try looking in the beer tent! lol!

Is it SUNNY there! sunny
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 7:51 am

At least it's not raining Phil (yet !!).

See you there a bit later.
Back to top Go down
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 9:31 am

Hi

Update on the weather!

In St Neots (35 miles from show site) its 2ft of snow with gale force winds and I am just getting the Huskey's out!!!!!!! Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Affraid

On the bright side its stopped Raining an Hour ago and the wind which is on the chillie side, is drying out the ground!
I would put on some thing warm today! Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Icon_cheers

Andy
Back to top Go down
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 2nd 2010, 5:06 pm

Hi

Thank you Ian and Phill and partners for coming and a specail thank you to Phill and Caroline for there help when the Gazibo decided it wanted to become an airship!

Sorry it was cold and a little damp but the look of Ians car with its wheels covered in mud was great, well worth it!!!!!!!

After Ian left the sun Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Icon_sunny came out and the ground/mud dried up by the time I left!

Hope tomorrow weather will be better!

Andy
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 3rd 2010, 10:59 am

Good to catch up again yesterday Andy. Was a real shame about the weather, that bl**dy wind went staright through you.

Hope you have a better day tommorrow with no flying gazebo's. lol!

Sorry I disapeared without saying 'bye' Phil. Needed to get home to collect the lads car after having a gearbox fitted.
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 3rd 2010, 7:52 pm

The Stig wrote:

Ian, Colin are you going on Sunday!! I might risk it if its not raining in the morning somebody got to keep Andy company!! jocolor
Having the clutch replaced On Tuesday, but this event not to far away if I take it easy !! afro

Hi there Phil..err no Laughing but in one car or the other I should be at the meet next Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing Nigels holiday snaps..
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 4th 2010, 7:40 pm

This thread is of no use without pictures No
Back to top Go down
Andy H

Andy H

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 EmptyMay 4th 2010, 11:07 pm

Hi Nigel

I have a few pics which I will try and post tomorrow!
But only off some of my cars! Sorry!

Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May   Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rushden Cavalcade 2nd May
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2