Future Classics Car Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Future Classics Car Club Forum

Main website (www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.

Go down 
+2
Nigel Lewis
Ian V
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. Empty
PostSubject: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 27th 2011, 5:45 pm

Our next event of this year is the ever popular Kimbolton Charity Classic held in the grounds of Kimbolton Castle (school),

We have a club stand booked again this year and I already have 12 passes in my possession. Each pass covers the car and occupants. There is a slight increase in cost this year to £8 per car, which is payable when entering the show. We will need to be on site by 10am so it will mean a fairly early start, but tthis show is definately worth it.

So who's for a club stand pass then ?

Event website with details of attactions : http://www.kimboltoncountryfayre.com/index.htm

Last edited by Ian V on June 29th 2011, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.futureclassicscarclub.co.uk
Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 28th 2011, 8:46 am

Hi Ian, yes, as confirmed on sunday, we will be in attendance for this one.
Must remember to put the secateurs in, just in case we get the same patch again as the tree will no doubt need trimming back again lol!
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 28th 2011, 10:24 am

Nigel Lewis wrote:
Hi Ian, yes, as confirmed on sunday, we will be in attendance for this one.
Must remember to put the secateurs in, just in case we get the same patch again as the tree will no doubt need trimming back again lol!

Good man ! You can have the title of chief FCCC gardener. lol!
Back to top Go down
pk 500

pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 28th 2011, 9:43 pm

And Darren is piston heads uphill gardner lol!
Back to top Go down
bigtalljim

bigtalljim

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 29th 2011, 3:33 pm

Put me down for a club pass please.

Always a good event with plenty to do
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 29th 2011, 6:18 pm

List so far with a week and a half to go :

Ian V : Corvette C5
Colin : TVR Tamora
Jim : Audi
Nigel : TVR (not sure which one !)

Still plenty of passes left. Was hoping for a few more I must admit.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 29th 2011, 7:07 pm

What about Mr JPS man???

He will be able to listen to all his old cassettes on the way in. He must have a few of them, being the age he is
Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. BananaSunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. Banana
Back to top Go down
pk 500

pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJune 30th 2011, 7:27 am

afro they had 8 tracks about when you had a proper hair cut lol! Idea confused not sure if were going yet might have to do family things Sleep
Back to top Go down
The Stig

The Stig

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 7:41 am

Cannot make this event this year

Stig afro
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 9:44 am

The Stig wrote:
Cannot make this event this year

Stig afro

Okay Phil. Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
pk 500

pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 6:06 pm

Very Happy not heard anything from the relatives yet so hope to join up not sure if it will be one or two cars yet ! tasmin passed mot Rolling Eyes and taxed Wink going out in it tonight cheers
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 1st 2011, 6:29 pm

pk 500 wrote:
Very Happy not heard anything from the relatives yet so hope to join up not sure if it will be one or two cars yet ! tasmin passed mot Rolling Eyes and taxed Wink going out in it tonight cheers

That's good news Paul. Glad no additional problems showed up. You can let me know when you can on Kimbolton. I still have a lot of passes left.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 4th 2011, 8:12 am

RV Details for Sunday

I think the best place to meet up is as last year at the Bampton Hut services. This is at the junction of the A1 and the A14.

If we could meet on the petrol station forecourt at 9.00 for a 9.15am get away please.
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 4th 2011, 5:07 pm

Crikey - not many of us going Shocked Still - have beer tent - will travel.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 4th 2011, 5:34 pm

Mr M wrote:

Yep only 4 I'm afraid Colin. Paul is a possible, but that's it.

Really beginning to wonder what to do regarding the club.
Back to top Go down
pk 500

pk 500

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 4th 2011, 8:14 pm

:cry:sorry ian will have to give it a miss this year going to birmingham with the wrinkleys
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 4th 2011, 8:46 pm

No worries Paul, you did say it was unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 4th 2011, 9:09 pm

Ian V wrote:
Mr M wrote:

Yep only 4 I'm afraid Colin. Paul is a possible, but that's it.

Really beginning to wonder what to do regarding the club.

mm. Going to look jolly spartan with the club banner and four cars lol! .. Still there's always beer o'clock ! bounce I went to Goodwood FOS last week. How about a weekender to that next year maybe with a b+b beer thing the night before. I'd have a thought a cheap weekend in the same manner up to East Anglian coast would have been a good idea as well .Get together\hooning\beer in evening. Drive back next day. There's some great places around Wells\Cley. Some times makes a change to a static car show. Just a thought anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 4th 2011, 9:48 pm

Thoughts always welcome Colin. Can certainly look at this, but would take a bit of arranging and payment up front.

Really don't know what to do for best. Club seems to be dying on it's feet. Numbers for most events have been small, no new members have come forward despite dishing out cards at a couple of events. The forum gets very little use, and despite emails at regular intervals, no feedback to possible events has been received. That is the main reason that the calendar is a little sparce this year.

Anyway, despite the numbers, I'm looking forward to Kimbolton and beer-o-clock !
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 5th 2011, 1:53 pm

drunken I quite enjoy Kimbolton too

Problem is Ian is that there are so many other forums - sadly to say but PH seems to take most people as it's more casual ie rough ideas of number rather than exact figure. So people can change their minds if the weather is bad. Could also just be high fuel costs etc. We could try something a little more interesting next year perhaps :-).
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 9:39 am

We now have Mike joining us at Kimbolton, so the list now stands as :

Ian V : Corvette C5
Colin : TVR Tamora
Nigel : TVR (guess which one !)
Jim : Audi
Mike : TVR Cerbera

Not sure that the exact / rough idea of numbers stands up in this case Colin. Like most shows, I have to guess as to number likely to attend and book a club stand based on this. The organiser then sends me that number of passes, in this case 12 (based on previous years). Therefore whilst it's nice to have exact numbers, there is nothing stopping anyone turning up on the day if there are still spare passes. Likewise, if they decide not to go, nothing lost as we still have the same size pitch with less cars on it.
Back to top Go down
Mr M

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 12:04 pm

Fair enough Smile I suppose then there's just not enough people in it to make it viable. Still we'll have a good time on Sunday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 12:20 pm

Mr M wrote:
Fair enough Smile I suppose then there's just not enough people in it to make it viable. Still we'll have a good time on Sunday. Very Happy

Certainly will Colin. I'm sure we can have a beer-o-clock at some point in the day.

Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. Beer
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 8th 2011, 5:57 pm

God I hope this weather sorts itself out before Sunday. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ian V
Admin
Ian V

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. EmptyJuly 11th 2011, 8:21 am

Had a great day at Kimbolton yesterday despite the rain mid afternoon. Was good to catch up with some old PH friends again, and the beer tent was very inviting ! Very Happy

Nigel, sorry you couldn't make it and hope your Dad is okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.   Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday 10th July - Kimbolton Charity Classic.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next